I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The week of LOVE!!


Hello all!

Happy Valentines Day!!!!!  This has been a GREAT week that was really so much FUN!  We went bowling last Monday with a member and his cousin, don't worry, I took some pictures that I will send along. Anyway, that was really a blast, but when we were done bowling, we went to the MALL! You know it is the little things that I seem to miss the most, it has been so long since I went to a mall.  On top of the trip to the mall, I got to eat SUSHI!! AWESOME!!  Funny story ...... A member, whose name is Jorge, went bowling with us and went to eat Sushi with us.  Jorge kept asking me what was that pile of green stuff with my sushi?  I looked up the Spanish translation for Wasabi and it is literally "spicy radish".  I told Jorge it was spicy radish and that I didn't particularly care for it so, he  being a proud Mexican said that it probably wasn't that spicy so he picked it up and popped it into his mouth!  After like 5 seconds he was just like Mater from Cars 2!  HAHAHA.

I think that the most cool part of this week has to do with Jorge's cousin,who is investigating the church and is our date for sunday!  Usually, we as missionaries teach our investigators about the gospel, but this time he taught us ....  about the Restoration, then the Plan of Salvation,  the Gospel of Christ,  the Word of Wisdom, the Law of Chasity, and finally the 10 Commandments!! Talk about AWESOME!  I can't wait untill Sunday when he is baptized!!!!!!!

Sooooooooo, also this week I ate Sirviche, which normally isn't to bad. Sirviche is fish blended with salsa, I like it with hot sauce. The Sirviche I ate this week was not wonderful, it seems that it was mixed with way too much cilantro. I am beginning to think I may have a slight allergy to cilantro or something else mixed in the salsa because I had sooo many canker sores the next day.  

We had a Valentines party at the church and an investigator came. He asked one of my companion to dance, of course she said NO! ......  like 5 times! He kept talking to only her... needless to say the Elders are going to start teaching him!

Yesterday we made a goal to talk to everyone we saw that day.  We got yelled at, preached at, and then there was this group of about 6 guys washing their car listening to LOUD Hispanic music. They looked at us funny, me being me, just went right up and started talking. Normally after a short conversation, I get out a Mormon.org card, write our number on it and then tell them to call us with any questions.  Just then one of them called us princesses.  I strongly dislike being called a princess,  so I wrote the Elders phone number and then left.  I hope they come to church and live happily ever after, but never call me Princess again. I mean that in the most Christ like way because they really scared me!  So, yeah that's about all life has to offer today.... other then this piece of advice. If you are feeling down, read the conference talk, "None Were With Him",  by Elder Holland!  I loved it.


Love you all
Hermana Atkinson
Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment