I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Searching for a Miracle

We are late getting Karlie's posts on the blog. This one is from January 12, 2015.

Soooooo this week has been super busy. Wednesday, January 7th was my Birthday, I am no longer a teenager. I am 20 and all grown up. My mom and Terry sent me flowers. They also sent money for all three of us to go out to dinner. We decided to go to Applebee's. It was an awesome day.
Wednesday was also transfer calls. My companions and I are not getting transferred.  I found`Transfer week very stressful. I am happy that I get to stay here, with the companions that I have.
Before I knew it, it was Friday, and we had to get some work done. We also, had a devotional with President Riggs. President Riggs promised that if we are "ALL IN", every companionship in our mission will have a baptism in January and another in February.  We do not have a single baptism lined up. We are literally searching and praying for a miracle. 
In order to obtain this miracle, I have decided to give up something. I am giving up Sarcasm. Yes, it will be hard because I love being sarcastic. This is my goal for January, I know It will be worth it. 
For my food journal this week:
1. I learned how to make Salsa - 3 different kinds.
2. I also learned how to make Papusas. (A thick, handmade corn tortilla)
3. I made tortillas, again, which I love making.
4. A member is also going to teach us to make Tamalas.
I am going to start writing all the recipes down. So yeah. when I get home we are eating real Hispanic food. 
While I love the Papusas and Tamales, I was actually able to eat a Regular American Meal., Spaghetti. My High Adventure Leader from Bloomington, is currently living in my stake. She invited us over to eat, and YES the AMERICAN food was Awesome. Thanks Ann Maas. 
I am going to end on a funny note. The other day while driving, we almost left our mission. If you every want to see 3 missionaries scream and panic, have them get on a freeway ,out of their mission without an exit.....
Well that is all I have this week from Alexandria...
Love ...
Hermana Atkinson
MIssionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Washington D.C. South MIssion
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment