I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Freak Snow Storm !!

So weather wise, this week started out really nice, we had sun light, it was beginning to get warmer.  We had MANY appointments set in an effort to get to know more members and involve them in Missionary work. On Wednesday night each appointment we went to it seemed everyone was telling us, "it's going to snow"! Missionaries get travel restrictions when there is snow and ice on the roads, meaning we cannot drive our car and have to walk everywhere we need to go.  We decided Wed night that if there was snow on the ground the next morning we would work out at home and not go to the gym, but if the road was clear we would walk to the gym. Thursday morning we wake up and there is no snow! I was so happy and I am skipping because we had a dinner appointment that I was really excited about not to mention so many members to go see. We walked to work out at the gym and I was still overjoyed!  Life couldn't be better!  We hurry home to get ready for the day, then after study I look out the window only to see 3 inches of snow!  OH NO, I wasn't happy anymore.  We had set appointments with members before and after our dinner appointment, in an area 15 miles away.  Much too far to walk!  Too much snow to drive.  It must have been obvious how sad I was because Hermana Brown made me pupusas (A pupusa is a mexican dish made of a thick, handmade corn tortilla filled with cheese, cooked pork and refried beans) for dinner.  I have a very thoughtful, sweet companion!

Other news, Hermana Brown told one of our investigators, Jazmin (The mother of the family that is getting baptized on the 21st, Samantha, Vennessa and Luis) how much money we are given each week to live on (I will not include that information because I think we get plenty to eat and MORE) now every time we go over there she has a huge meal ready for us to eat!  Luckily she likes salad!!



This is a picture of my perfect tortilla made by hand!  I have found that the flour ones have a dough a little harder to make but they flatten out much easier!






OH, and it is going to be in the 60s all week!!!!!

Thanks for all the emails!  Have a great week. I love you all!

Hermana Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment