I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Happy Easter !!!

HAPPY EASTER
Happy Easter Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your Easter dinner and family fun. I ate pupusas, so if I haven’t explained a pupusa before it is like a stuffed corn tortilla, it has pork or beans or cheese or well pretty much anything inside! Then you eat it with salsa and it seems disrespectful to eat them with silverware, so yeah …. That’s a cool dinner.

I got to watch conference this week and it was great!  I watched conference in Spanish on Saturday. We went to a member’s house, it was interesting to say the least.  I felt like a little kid again trying to understand all the big words that everyone was using, but I did catch most of what was going on.I watched the Sunday morning session in English ( I insisted on watching Elder Holland in English) and half of the Sunday evening session in Spanish.  I loved Conference; it was so cool and uplifting.  I especially loved Elder Holland’s talk and also the one about songs and we can’t dance if we don’t know the music! At least that was how it went in Spanish but I am not 100 percent sure that’s how it went in English because it seemed the translations were a little off …. Or maybe I was a little bit off!  hahaha

Last week I wrote you from D.C. in the Library of Congress; while we were there we met a member who worked there. He gave us a tour of his department and then he showed us where all the books are stored  in the library. So they have like 193 miles of shelving but they still have to store SO many books on the ground. We got to see a first edition Book of Mormon that has Martin Harris’s signature... it was awesome... Sorry, I couldn’t take pictures!
Soooooo, transfer week!  I think I am being transferred so I was trying to visit everyone and get all my pictures in and I have written a ton of notes, I won’t know for sure if I am moving until Tuesday, then I will be able to tell you guys my new address on either Thursday or Friday.
This week we took our recent converts out with us to go knocking doors, which was AWESOME! They are 13 and 15; I am so excited to see them grow more in the church.

Not a whole lot more happened this week, but another food story …. We were visiting some members that pretty much just love to give us food!  They gave me some homemade juice that had papaya, lettuce, pineapple in it and beet juice.... it was UNIQUE!

Oh well, other than that my companion got her first tick, ever,  this week, so I pulled it off for her, she is still a little flipped out about it, LOL! Thank you Thor for teaching us all about ticks and thank you dogs for making me immune to pulling them off.... LOL!! Thats all this week!

I Love You all,
Hermana Atkinson






No comments:

Post a Comment