I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Out Of The Compound ...

So the joke around here is that we are in a compound. We are surrounded by gates and we can never leave. 
BUT EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!! Today we were allowed to leave!!!!!!!! 
We went to the temple. It is about a 40 minute drive. If you look it up on the internet it says we are right next to the Temple, but that was the old CCM. The visitors center was awesome. I loved it. First we took a tour , then went shopping. I bought a cute shirt and a HLJ - Haz Lo Justo (Choose The Right) ring. The day was very uplifting.
I LOVE IT HERE IN MEXICO!!!!! Everyone is so nice, little kids are always so happy, people smile and wave. Don´t get me wrong there are some scary things here as well... Like the driving. Cars get like 2 inches away from the bus, in my head I am thinking oh my, oh my, oh my.... WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!! 
 I think everyone would love my teacher In the morning, Hermana Arnaud. (Arnó is how it sounds) she is super great. She is always telling my companions and I that we need to stop stressing out. 
I am in a district with 9 people. 6 elders, 2 companions and myself. The girls and one of the Elders are going to D.C. when we leave....  I think it is super wrong that they put all of us together and we become a FAMILY and then they just tear our family apart.... So My companions and I decided that we are going to keep in contact with each other. We are going to have a district 12c meeting in 2 years here in Mexico... 

Other Stuff:
We were having a bad day, some girls in our house heart attacked our door. Yippee for companions eh?

The temple here is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we have a devotional, no one will tell us who it is. I have to sing at it.... super scary. We have a super small choir. Someone told the director that I could sing and now I HAVE to be there... oh well its not that I don't want to sing its just that I have so much on my plate. And I have to sing in Spanish.

Learning to Speak Spanish is GREAT but also super hard... our teacher says we need to work on our unity... so that is what we are trying to do.

The CCM is AWESOME. The weather is perfect, the people are super sweet, and the food is spicy.

We play volley ball everyday. Tonight we are playing in the dark... it will be fun

I hope all of you have an amazing week.
Hermana Karlie Atkinson
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment