I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Out with the old and in with ME!

Soooooo my training sisters left to go to Peru (Training Sisters are like a Zone Leader, but for Sisters.).  BITTER SWEET!!!!  Whenever training sisters leave for their various missions, it is necessary to call new Training Sisters, someone new to help train and comfort GREENIES, and guess who they called...... That's right folks! Our cute little trio is now a cute little trio of SISTER TRAINING LEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because my Training sisters left,  I had a rough day yesterday.  I know that the Lord breaks you down so he can build you up.  I have been asking in my prayers to be moldable.  I find that each day I am humbled and then I grow. 

I came to the sudden realization, with my training sisters leaving,  that soon I to will have to leave! I have learned to love it here in this crazy and insane and amazing place.  I have made such good friends in my district and with so many others and I realize it is going to be terrible saying goodbye..... in 2 WEEKS!
In other news ....... Spanish is getting easier. Last night in my personal prayers, before I went to sleep, I realized I was praying in Spanish, in my head!  Kinda cool and kinda scary. During sacrament last Sunday, I gave a talk in Spanish..... crazy, cool and insane. Anyway, we have two Spanish teachers and quite honestly, now this may sound amazing, but, I can talk with them in Spanish now!  I actually understand most of what the are saying..... it must be the GIFT OF TONGUES. Speaking of Spanish, I have a STORY! We were learning imperfect which is a form of past tense and it is VERY confusing.  Tenses are CRAZY hard! I asked my Teacher Hermano Hernandez when I should use imperfect and his answer was "when its not perfect"........... WOW SO INSIGHTFUL!!!!!

Other then that nothing crazy with food this week, maybe I am just getting used to it. The Elders in my district think it is funny to put bananas in my purse! Sooooo I happen to have a lot of bananas..... Like a good 15 from this past week... YIPPEE!!!!! 

So other then that, here is my scripture of the week.....

Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

Hermana Atkinson
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment