I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

One more GLORIOUS week in Mexico!

It is soooooo insane to think that this is going to be my last week in Mexico! We are always so busy here, and it seems that there is always something special going on. I have been practicing to sing in a trio with 2 elders, and it is my favorite song, “How great thou art”, and yes I am singing tenor an octave up..... It is coming along very well and should be very nice. One of the Elders is from Minnesota, Elder Gross and then there is Elder Denton from Mesa Arizona. We practice every day and we will be singing on Sunday. Also, my district is singing “Come thou font” on Sunday, and we haven't practiced even one time! Well me being who I am and spending so much time singing in choir, I just feel the need to practice …..... right now! Oh well, I am sure it will sound beautiful anyway.

Only one more P Day left here in Mexico. The elders in my District keep getting stains in their shirts so we keep washing them for the Elders! I think I have done more loads of laundry here in Mexico than I have done all the rest of my life! We play this game and we call it ultimate ping pong! It is a trio of elders against our trio of sisters …. So picture this, playing basket ball with ping pond paddles and a ping pong ball! WILD and CRAZY fun. It is important to have a little fun mixed in with all the learning we do here. Spanish is getting easier everyday.

I just LOVE being a training sister, it is the best thing ever! I feel that it really causes you to forget about yourself and focus with everyone else. Everyday I have experiences to help others. There is a Sister here whose grandma passed away last week, and because of the strong feelings involved we have talked a lot this week! Recently, she asked for a blessing for comfort and asked me to be there for the blessing. May I just say that the priesthood is the greatest thing ever! I could see the peace come over my friend as she got the blessing and what a difference in her emotions and attitude since!

So I have noticed that Satan really tries to get in your head here. He really tries to make you feel worthless and like you aren't worthy of the blessings that Heavenly Father has given you, to the point even constructive criticism seems harsh and it really brings you down. I was having a rough time this week and was having a hard time controlling my emotions so I finally let my pride go and asked for a blessing. In that blessing I was promised that I was forgiven and an overwhelming feeling of peace came over me. I have never felt that peaceful in my life and then there was so much more that was said during the blessing, all I could feel was love, love from the lord, love for my district and zone and for what I am doing here! It was absolutely amazing.

Life here is finally starting to feel normal JUST IN TIME for us to prepare to leave! I just hope that I will be able to stay in contact with so many of the people that I have gotten to know here. I have learned to love them, I seriously can't imagine not interacting with them any more .... but so many new people and experiences are waiting for me in Washington D.C.!

As you can probably tell, it has been an emotional roller coaster week, but right now I couldn't be happier.

Until next week,
Hermana Atkinson
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Washington D.C. South Mission
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission
Hermana Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment