I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

GOOD BYE MEXICO!!

GOOD BYE MEXICO!!

Soooooo the time has come to say goodbye to Mexico :( and hello Washington D.C. :)!! In the past few days I have had to say a lot of goodbyes, which in many ways was hard but I WILL SURVIVE
( totally just sang that in my head)!
There were tears during those good byes, but they were tears of joy! I got to know so many missionaries here and I know that they all have amazing testimonies and are going to go out and do some amazingly good deeds in this world.

So this week has been a little bit weird. My teacher Hermano Hernadez is such an eccentric fellow! He decided it was necessary to tell me the difference between MONO and MANO, which is monkey and hand... so he was doing this in his broken English and he kept saying monkeys have hands but hands don't have monkeys... which I got the first time but I kept saying “ I don't understand”, so he kept explaining.... It was kinda funny or maybe I am a little twisted? I am really going to miss that guy. So all in all ….. a very good week.

I don't remember if I told you this but there was another tripanionship here in the CCM , a group of elders, and we called ourselves the Eldonahood.... that what happens when Elders name your friendship. Anyway because all of us were leaving we had to do workshops that were set up for companionship s(two) and since there were two trios yours truly was partnered with an Elder... don't worry my companions were within sight and sound but I have never felt so uncomfortable being near a boy before... (they have cooties) hahahaha! Well at least for 16 and ½ more months anyway!

Soooooo I have to say this, if someone in the CCM offers you an orange Popsicle TAKE IT!!!! best thing ever, it was mango and guava flavored and I have been craving one EVER since!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well besides the fact that the newer districts think I speak really good Spanish (haahaaahahaha jokes on them) and not understanding Spanish grammar to save my life, life is going great. I am not confident in the language but with time everything will get better... hopefully, if not those poor people I teach will be mighty confused.

So during my last few days here I finally have this food thing down ... This is my advice for anyone reading this that ends up here in the Mexico City CCM. Only get cantaloupe and honey dew for fruit, when they have the good salad stuff eat it! Don't eat the eggs and always get a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich at breakfast and REMEMBER if all else fails Tuesday night is Costco pizza night!!

Tomorrow I leave and I can't wait. I will miss the palm trees and parrots and the heat. I am always outside and there are birds everywhere, big beautifully colored rare Birds! It makes me kinda sad to leave because there are lots of flowers blooming here ….. but I am not sure what kind. It is a big compound and after today it wont be mine anymore. I am so excited to meet and talk to more people in Washington D.C.! So farewell from Mexico, my next letter will be from our Nations Capital, Washington D.C.!! (I wonder if there is snow??)


Hermana Atkinson
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment