I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Almost Christmas

Life is GREAT!!!!!
Just in case you are wondering what a Missionary does all day, my daily schedule is as follows:
Up by 6:20 AM, exercise, shower, breakfast,study alone, study with my companions, study language, lunch, then teaching, teaching, teaching, dinner, more teaching, planning for the next day and finally sleep( if we are lucky). This may seem like a lot, but it is really tons of fun. I LOVE IT OUT HERE!!!!!! 
Still no snow but I am praying for some before Christmas.
We had a very eventful week. We are teaching 2 new families. Both families came to church and the ward Christmas party. We were also able to go to the Temple and see the lights with one of the families. YES ... I will send pictures. Last Monday I went to go see the National Christmas Tree. YES ... I will also send pictures of that.
Spanish is slowly coming along. When members come up and tell me their problems, I can reply. I also can understand them. MIRACLES ARE HAPPENING! 
I went to my first Quinceanera this week. When a girl turns 15 in Hispanic culture, they believe this is the age that marks the transition from childhood to adulthood. They have a big party, organized dances and lots of cool traditions.... 
As far as food this week ...  we went to a sisters house, she is amazingly cool. I was extremely grateful for the whole chicken, plate of rice potatoes, salad and the fruit cake. I took it home, it was just enough for 3 or 4 meals. One of my companions decided to put some of her chicken in her pocket. She then asked if she could use the bathroom. She tried to flush the chicken down the toilet, but you can't flush chicken down the toilet. No more food in our pockets, lesson learned. One other thing, don't ever offer to make food for a Hispanic family. I made some French fries for a family. I told them if they made some quesadillas I would bring French Fries. I made my French Fries, put a ton of Chile Powder on them, they loved them. Now the Mother of the family just keeps saying, "You can get married, because you know how to cook"....... AWKWARD!
Oh, one more thing. The scary part of the week, I had to go to the hospital. We were at the Quinceanera and I had an allergic reaction to something. I was having a hard time breathing. The Mission President was called and off to the ER I went. I have to carry Benadryl and an inhaler with me. But everything is great. 
So yeah that was my week. I hope that you have a great week, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Love,
Hermana Karlie Atkinson
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Washington D.C. South Mission
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment