I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Miracles Happen !!!!!

In the short time I have been in the Mission Field, people have been telling me that I can do miracles. It's not that I didn't believe it could happen, but parts of me doubted it. I know, I know, FAITH Hermana Atkinson, never doubt the power of God. 

I have been struggling as of late... I am not going to lie. THIS IS HARD!!!!!  But worth it (see the atonement and missionary work on youtube as a reference). I am still struggling with the language, I'm not sure what I am saying. This leads me to struggle with the spirit, because I can't use the words I want to use. 
But here is what I want to share:

ANY THING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!! ANYTHING!!!!! 
For Christmas a member (Jorge) gave all the missionaries in our ward gift cards to Chipotle (there are 9 of us.... super sweet). All 5 of the Hermanas went to Chipotle together, with Jorge and his cousin (Junior). We had such a large group, we had to split into 2 tables. Hermana Christensen and I sat at a different table. Junior isn't a member, the other Hermanas were talking about baptism and giving him a hard time. I guess he had enough, he came and sat down with us.  

MIRACLE #1 ... He was talking, Hermana Christensen and I were replying. Amazingly enough we had a complete conversation in Spanish.... I will get back to Junior in another miracle.

MIRACLE #2 ...   Jorge is really involved with missionary work, and  goes out with us a lot. Saturday morning he went to the temple. Unfortunately, he fainted and had a heart attack right in the temple. He was rushed to the ER. We got frantic calls from his sister, brother and mom.  He was able to go home later that day.  There was a baptism Saturday night, he tried to go, but just couldn't get up the energy. After the baptism, we went to check on him. Something was wrong, he was struggling. You could tell he just wasn't feeling well. He said his arm felt funny again, his leg was hurting and he was struggling to breathe. His brother Juan called 911. The ambulance arrived, and off he went to the ER.  We followed the ambulance. 

I called the Elders and quickly explained to them what was going on.  Immediately, the Elders headed for the hospital and upon arriving promptly gave Jorge a blessing. It was quite miraculous!  Jorge's heart went right back to normal, he could breathe again! The doctor came in and said it was like he wasn't having a heart attack at all. I have never in my life witnessed anything like that.  As we left the hospital and headed home I felt extremely peaceful for the rest of the evening.

For MIRACLE #3 ..... back to Junior. Junior has been through all lessons a couple years ago.  He enjoyed going to church but continues to say he likes our message,  but he never felt right about being baptized. We had dinner with him on Friday and talked about so many things, and of course the gospel came up a few times.  I purposely didn't really teach a principle as I just wanted to know his feelings.  Saturday we taught Junior a little but then the Jorge thing happened and of course we had to stop teaching to go to the Hospital  We decided to go over on Sunday (yesterday) and Junior was anxious to hear a message ..... so we talked about prayer, the comfort we can receive from the Holy Ghost and the fruits of the spirit.  Right at that time I felt I should ask him how he felt and he said he wanted to write it down.  Of course I gave him a pen and paper and he wrote,"me voy a bauptizar"! Even I know what that means! "I am going to be baptized".   Junior is going to be baptized this Saturday! My first baptism But more importantly salvation and blessings to Junior. I have shed tears on my mission for many reasons, but last night my tears were for Junior because it was amazing! 

Sorry I don't have any funny stories to tell this week but I love you all and hope you each can find your own miracles during this New Year!

Love,
Hermana Atkinson
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Washington D.C. South Mission
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Washington D.C. South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment