I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pranks

July 20, 2015


Hey everyone so this week was kinda whatever. I mean yes we worked but that was pretty much it.  I spent a lot of time just thinking this week and I have realized that I need to change a lot. Not in any major ways just small things but mostly in the way  Ivlook at people  I tend to be pretty cynical which in all reality is not a good thing. I just need to find a balance of being kind and charitable and protecting myself. I tend to be a very defensive person.  I realize that not everyone is attacking me by giving them the benefit of the doubt. Then other then that I have really been thinking about something that President Riggs told me before he left. He said what's so bad with being taken advantage of? With that quote I am not saying that I want to be a doormat but I have realized that there really isn't anything wrong with people taking advantage of me. It means I have the opportunity to serve others and  to show them how Christ would treat them. Which is with love, lets be honest isn't that what life is all about.  Sorry to tell you but this is a pretty short email
Oh but as for things concerning food. we ate these things that were awesome... I may have out ate the elders and that is what the picture is of and then I don't have a picture of the Mexican quesadillas but let me tell you they are better then any quesadilla you have ever had. Mexicans eat quesadillas different. So just as a warning if a Mexican offers you  a hot dog don't eat it because it will have mayo with it... unless you like that kind of thing then go ahead and then if a Mexican offers you a quesadilla take it. Just say yes and let them prepare it for you. needless to say I ate 5 of them in one sitting..... I like Mexican food... and Salvadorian food... and Peruvian food... and Bolivian food. oh speaking of Bolivian food,  I ate these fried cauliflower and carrot patty things,  they were soooo good.  I could live off them.

Oh and my companion and I may have started pranking the elders that live below us and we may have filled like 100 balloons with glitter and threw them in the elders apartment and then a couple of days later they threw tomatoes at our porch..... lol things missionaries find fun and entertaining. as long as no one gets hurt.
Any way I love you all and miss you ...
Los quiero
Karlie Atkinson




No comments:

Post a Comment