I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Friday, May 1, 2015

Cute el Salvadorian in Little Honduras

Yep great title isn't it..... 

This week has been fun. We started This past week with a family home evening about the divinity of women. It was an all girl's night. We had a less active member come and join us. She actually talked. I know it doesn't seem like much but it was exciting. To make things even more exciting, we had a tornado warning, we had to stay at this members house till 10. We played a lot of UNO. 
The less active girl asked us to come to her house. She wanted us to come over the next day, we went over and made her breakfast... it was AMAZING.
Then on Wednesday we were knocking doors in this apartment complex and everyone was from Honduras. We were doing the missionary thing (talking and knocking) and showing a cool video called He Lives. If you have a couple of minutes, it is a very inspiring film and only 2 minutes long.
He Lives
It was a GREAT day.
I was talking to this lady and she said that she was from el Salvador. She was going back to visit and will be back in a couple of weeks. I said that I loved el Salvadorian food, she offered to make me some when she comes back from el Salvador. I hope I am not transferred in 2 weeks because she comes back the day of transfers...so yeah I could use your prayers with that. Other then that the food has been ok... I am not a big fan of Peruvian rice but it isn't bad I just don't like cilantro. But I will survive.

*** I am going to start putting my favorites talks or Scriptures that I have read during the week. I was reading through this talk and just loved it. The talk is called None Were with Him, By Elder Holland. If you have time you should read through the whole talk.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/04/none-were-with-him?lang=eng


"Thursday with its Paschal Lamb, atoning Friday with its cross, Resurrection Sunday with its empty tomb—may we declare ourselves to be more fully disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, not in word only and not only in the flush of comfortable times but in deed and in courage and in faith, including when the path is lonely and when our cross is difficult to bear. This Easter week and always, may we stand by Jesus Christ “at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in, even until death,” 21 for surely that is how He stood by us when it was unto death and when He had to stand entirely and utterly alone."  ------ Elder Holland
Love you all,
Hermana Atkinson

ext  monday

No comments:

Post a Comment