I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Staying Put ...

Hello all!!!!


 This has been a pretty good week. Like always, I have bad days and good days, but all in all it was
pretty good. My Biggest accomplishment this week ... I wrote 2 or more pages in my journal everyday. I also wrote in my gratitude journal everyday. If your'e wondering, a gratitude journal is where I write down things I am grateful for every day. It has helped me become more positive. I'm sure most of you know I can be really negative and grumpy. My goal is to write 5 things that I am grateful for everyday. Plus, I get a bonus out of it, next thanksgiving I won't struggle to come with anything around the dinner table. I will have a huge list of things. This has been a huge accomplishment for me, I have always struggled writing in a journal.
Last Week was transfer week. We received the best news, Hermana Evans and I are staying together this transfer. How nice is that! We heard the wonderful news on Tuesday. When our district leader texted us,  Hermana Evans tackled me. 
Before that happened we had the most amazing Lesson with this one less active/ investigating
family. The mom has really opened up with us. She has been thinking about the changes she wants to see in her life and her families life.  I just love her. 
Wednesday we had zone training which is always fun. We broke off into groups and I was put into a
group with only elders. It was a awkward but fine. You guys will never believe this, but elders still act like teenage
boys. Except now they think all girls have cooties. After training we went to Michael's house to teach his friend a lesson (He is the one in the picture). HIs friend never showed up. Michael did agree to tract with us Saturday. It was so nice, he decided to come out on Friday and Saturday.
Other then that I can't really think of anything else to say. Oh well, maybe a couple more things... Friday we had a meeting, After the meeting a set of Elders, that live in our apartment complex, decided to race us home. They won, but they also totally cheated. They slowed down at a green light and waited until it turned turned yellow. We got stuck at the red light.... I was soooo mad.  Not really, because it was all for fun. For anyone who is
thinking of doing this please note that most missions are receiving a nifty little device called a teewee. This device records your speed, how fast you brake, take turns and accelerate. It pretty much does everything. It records what time you get home and where your car is at all times during the day. All this gets reported to the Mission President. If you brake to many of these violations, your driving privileges are revoked.
As of yet we have not received this, but we are at the end of May. I would advise everyone to not race the elders. 
I really can't think of anything else.
Have a Great Week!
Love, 
Hermana Atkinson

Spiritual thought. Be Still by Hilary Weeks It's a great song, I hope you take the time to listen to it.
Be Still by Hillary Weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment