I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

An Eventful Week ...

June 22, 2015

My Weekly Report ...

So for this weekly report. 
Monday was normal going out and teaching ... 

Tuesday, Eddy got his baptismal interview..... it was amazing. After the interviews, we went home. I was checking my e-mail and a huge bug landed on my arm. I screamed and dropped everything in my hands.... which was my iPad. Yep the whole screen is shattered. 


Wednesday, first thing we headed to the Apple Store in the mall. The Apple store just wanted me to buy a new iPad, not fix the one I have. Afterwards, we got a call saying Eddy might not be able to be baptized. My stress level was pretty high at the moment. I swear I have lost half of my hair this past week. Thankfully Wednesday night was stress-free. We went to a member's house and made some really cool stuffed pork. It was delicious.

Thursday we had a District Meeting. It was long, but as always, very inspiring. We also had to start getting ready for Diana (Hermana DeBry's Investigator) baptism. We made some really awesome programs for her baptism. On our way to dinner we caught got in a crazy storm. The storm quickly passed. After dinner and the storm, we went out tracting. We found a few potentials. Thursday was a good day.

Friday, Diana's Baptism, We had so much to do !!!! Without detailing everything, we went to the church and started preparing.  The baptism was GREAT and the spirit was STRONG !!! After the Baptism, the ward had a Father's Day Party. The party was fun and a perfect ending to the day.

Saturday, Eddy's Baptism, simple amazing. The spirit was just as strong as the day before. I was able to sing at the Baptism, "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me".  After Eddy's baptism, we decided to go the the Elder's baptism. That's when the night got exciting. About half way through the baptism, we received a Tornado Warning. We were literally trapped in the Church for a Half Hour. Tornado Warning are always fun ... NOT

Sunday we went to Church, after there was a Fireside. The testimonies were amazing, and again, the spirit was so strong. I was also able to sing at the Fireside.

Monday, P DAY !!!! Back to the mall to drop off my iPad, It should be fixed tomorrow. YIPPEE !!!!

It has been a wonderful and tiring week. I am emotionally worn out, physically worn out, mentally crazy, and still spiritually growing.






To all those who have served a mission, 
tell me how did you survive!
To all those who are on their missions, 
What keeps you going?
To all those who are thinking about serving,
 I want you to know that this is a tiring job. 
It never ends,
 We get calls at midnight when people have problems. 
This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through.
Most of the time I go home at night,
fall on my bed,
 and either cry or just sit.
 I second guess myself a lot about being out here.
 BUT .........
 When those times come,
When I feel like giving up.
 I look back and I think about the My Savior, Jesus Christ.
 He was alone.
 He didn't want to go through all he did,
 But, he did it for us. 
Because he did all of that for me,
I can make it 9 more months. 
I will survive everything. 
Whatever you are going through in life right now,
remember that there is always someone who wants to help you.


I love you all and hope you have an amazing week !!!
Hermana Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment