I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

What Mormons Really Believe ...

!Hola amados míos¡

June 8, 2015

How is every thing? This past week was pretty slow, but the weekend was CRAZY !!! 

Friday we went to a wedding, Saturday we had a baptism of a little 8 year old girl. We helped decorate and did the programs. The decorations were very pretty,  it was like a wedding in many ways. A bunch of Return Missionaries stayed at the Moms house. We went over there 3 days in a row and helped her cook for everyone. 
Btw I am getting good at cooking Mexican food. Speaking of food I ate cow tongue. It tasted awesome. It was in tacos and she had this really good green tomato salsa. It was amazing. I could eat it everyday. Although it looked a little weird when she went to go cut it up. And amazingly enough it wasn't even a weird texture. Yeah it was good. Oh but the sad part was I had an allergic reaction to something so we had to spend the rest of the night at home. Which was sad but I got these cool outlines done for some lessons and then we caught 5 more fireflies. They are named Doug, Dave, Danny, Steve and Louis. Three of them are good little fireflies, the other two are escape artists...... But seriously Dave is on our wall right now. 

Today we had a house inspection. We went through our house and got rid of everything from Missionaries that have gone home. We shampooed our carpets and scrubbed the fridge. That took all of our Wednesday.  

On Monday, after I sent this email, we went to a recent converts house. I really thought she didn't like us. We were slightly nervous, but felt inspired to share a book with them. The girl started crying and she said it was exactly what she needed. It was a very spiritual moment. On Sunday she came and sat next to me and just started talking to me and all that. It was awesome.

We went to McDonalds to eat one day. A guy walked past us, bought his food and sat down at a table across from us. Not that strange, I mean we were in McDonalds. We finished eating and got up to throw our trash away. He looked at us, said "Oh, you guys must have a fun job". I started to explain that we are Missionaries. He said that he would love to listen to what we had to say. In my head I had a feeling that we should leave. But the other part of me knew that I am struggling talking to people, we decided to talk to him. We started off with
the normal get to know you questions. Then asked if we could share a video. Well ... all of a sudden he starts to argue doctrine with us. I finally told him to let me talk, we showed him the, "Because He Lives" video. He told us that is not what Mormons believe. Really!!!!! you are going to tell me what I believe????  But amazingly enough Hermana Evans and I kept in our tempers. We didn't argue and had a civilized conversation where we told him what we believed. He said that was great, but my Jesus was the wrong Jesus. He proceeded to tell us that we were going to Hell. So there you have it folks....... No just kidding.

 I know without a doubt in my mind that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on the earth today. I will die before I ever deny that. I am not out here on my mission to put others down or condemn other people. I am sorry if I have ever made anyone else feel that way. If there is one thing I have learned on my mission it is that everyone is different there are a lot of different cultures, but not one is better then the other. Bolivia, Peru and El Salvador are all different. But the people are so similiar, they are kind. They are all looking for happiness, even though they come from different walks of life. They get along and find something they have in common. 

Before my mission I was quick to judge, I would judge a lot of people at first sight. I now realize that God loves us all. He loves me enough to answer my silly prayers, that are please just let me have a letter today or let there be fireflies out tonight. He loves me enough to answer those silly little things and also the big things like forgiveness. In 3 Nephi 14:9-11 it says" or what man is there among you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children how much more shall your father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" He loves all of us enough.

Other then that today is my 8 month mark..... 10 more to go!
Well love you all and hope your week is amazing!

Hermana Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment