I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Monday, July 6, 2015

In A Trio, Again !!!!

June 15, 2015

Hello Beautiful People ...

How is life in the real world? This week has been interesting. It started out normal.

We had a great time with Tara, who is 17, and filled with drama. Literally I feel like I am back in high school when we talk with her.... Except it's worse.

On Tuesday, we had zone conference. 



We talked about respecting our leaders and how our mission has troubles. In one of our activities, everyone was put into groups. I was in a group with about 8 people, 2 of which were my Zone Leaders, one of which was my Mission Presidents wife. Besides her I was the only girl...  So it was slightly awkward. The group was discussing why we should respect our leaders and how it isn't that hard. I said "It is hard to respect someone that doesn't have faith in what you are capable of."  I mean, I truly get that we need to respect out leaders. They have earned and rightfully deserve their callings. I really just said this to bring up the other side of the story, to make it a fair debate. I don't have any problems with my leaders.  It was honestly just brought up for the debate. Now everyone in my zone is saying it, I feel awkward that they all care that much.  After the Zone Conference we went to eat some BBQ. The restaurant is called Red, Hot and Blue.... It is the best. If you are ever in this area, you have to try it.

We had a meeting with President Riggs this week, just Hermana Evans and I. President Riggs is so cool. I am sad that he is leaving. On the other hand, I am excited to see what my new Mission President, President Huntsman, does differently.

On Friday we get a call, Hermana DeBry is going to be our companion. We are a Trio, again !!! Unfortunately, Hermana Craner has to go home for surgery. This left Hermana DeBry all by herself, which is why we get a trio. Needless to say, We had to go home and rearrange our room so another bed would fit.  

Saturday was a sad day. All of us went to the Mission office to say goodbye to Hermana Craner. We are keeping her in our prayers and look forward to the day she returns. 


 Hermana Debry is now in a trio with us and we are covering both of the areas... Woooo hoooo. Lots of hard work ahead for us! After saying our "Goodbyes", we went home and dropped off Hermana DeBry's belongings. Then we headed off to a service project for the Police and Fireman games. This is a International Olympics for Police and Fireman. Our job was helping get the the beginning preparation stuff together. Lots of FUN... We were doing assembly lines and I was between Elder Page and Elder Courn, they went boy, girl, boy, girl in the assembly line. Standing there for 3 hours you really get to know these guys. I like that my companions are girls and are normal.... Boys are weird and have cooties.

Anyway, after that we went to 2 Baptism's, Fatima and Axel. Fatima is the lady that got married last week, her son is Axel. Ramon, her husband, is a member. They also have an adorable little girl, Tiffany. I just love this family so much, they are so cute! 
No funny food stories this week. We just ate some quinoa salad which was awesome. Can't forget the gelato, which is so addicting. We also ate Chick-Fil-a at the service project..... It was yummy. 
Totally Random Story ... I met this guy and he was a street contact. I talked to him, gave him our number, and a Book of Mormon. He seemed a little interested and I completely forgot to get his number. Two days later we get a random call and he said he just wanted us to have his number. He would like us to come back when he isn't working.
We went to the Holocaust museum today. What a humbling experience. It is hard for me to comprehend the persecution that they faced. Beautiful sons and daughters of God, slaughtered because of their beliefs. I hope and pray that all of us can love, unconditionally. No matter our differences, our beliefs, our color,etc... I am grateful that I have the knowledge, that God loves me. 


I Love all of you, Till Next week,

Hermana Atkinson

P.S.   I just love this quote and decided to share it.










No comments:

Post a Comment