I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Goodbye President Riggs, Hello President Huntsman

Hola a Todos !!!

June 29, 2015

Como estan? Espero que todo este bien con ustedes! But seriously I hope everyone is doing well. 

So to leave off from last week I was having  a rough time. I think I got 5 emails from people that were concerned. First, thank you all so much! Now for whats important, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Stress makes you think weird things. It makes happy moments seem bleak. I have learned that when you start thinking about happy thoughts and even more, thinking about the savior the bad days seem to disappear. 

So this week was transfer week, Hermana Evans and I are still together... 3 transfers is a long time with someone.  I am grateful that we get along.

As all heard last week I broke my iPad. I thought a lot about my iPad on Tuesday. As we started our studies, I was still thinking about the iPad.. We were preparing for a lesson with a recent converted family. They are waiting for their daughter to be sealed with them. We thought that patience would be good for them. As I started to read, it occurred to me that it wasn't them that needed that lesson it was me.

I have worked hard this week on my patience.  I have noticed that I can see the good things in life, instead of the bad. Yes I still get upset. I still get irritated, but less often. When my mind isn't consumed about things that make me irritated, I can focus more on the spirit. It is actually quite liberating. I can see why they say a mission helps you become a better parent. 

Things that happened this week !!!

I received a package .. Hermana Evans' mom sent me a package and it was super cute. 

Hermana Evans left  the gas stove top on accident. We were sitting on the porch and there was a huge spider..... so we ran downstairs and asked some of the elders to help us. Of course they just  started laughing and laughing. They finally decided they could help us. They came back with a Lighter and some Sunscreen. Luckily, we remembered about the gas, since our house was filled with gas. We caught them in time. They ended up just smooshing it. 

We pranked the elders this week we put dish soap all over their car..... then it rained. They came to our district meeting, said the rain did miracles. Our car is so clean.... complete and utter fail.....

We had another crazy storm. Entire trees were blown down.  

Wednesday I picked my iPad up ...

Thursday - Mission Conference and transfer's! Transfer meetings are filled with mixed emotions. Missionaries coming and going. It is heartbreaking to see the Missionaries, that you have become close to, Leave. On the other hand, it is exciting to meet new Missionaries. This transfer is unique. President Riggs and his family are leaving. I love them and will miss them. But .... I am really excited to meet the Huntsman Family.

Friday = Planning Day. 

Saturday - I locked us out of our apartment. Of course it was also raining like crazy. That was an exciting adventure. 

Sunday - I was sick.

Well .... I hope all of you have a GREAT 4th of July. 
I Love All of You, Till Next Week
Hermana Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment