I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Week to Remember ...

August 31, 2015

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
So the title was kinda a joke. Not a whole lot has changed, other then I am pretty sure at the end of this transfer I am going to be leaving this area. I am kinda scared to do so. I have been here since April, so in all honesty it has been a long time. Plus on top of it all I really struggled to connect with the people in this ward. I am really learning to love them and enjoy this area. It is sad that I will most likely be leaving. Really sad and also extremely hard. I started a list of all the people I need to write cards to. I have gone through my 4 box of cards on my mission and every box has 50 cards.... Guys I have gotten really good at writing in Spanish.
But yes so this week was really fun in so many ways. I love being with Hermana Christensen and I am really sad that we can't serve together for the rest of our missions. Because honestly she is amazing. She is an amazing teacher and has been a great example to me!
This week I went on exchanges, we went out finding and knocking doors.  I saw this little girl with a cute dog. The dog was running around being crazy, so I asked the little girl if she needed any help. She did, so we calmed the dog down and walked her home. Her mom was there and she was amazing. She so prepared, I can't wait until we get to teach her again. I have really found that it is the little things that are miraculous out here.
Other then that we had an activity for our ward this past Saturday and the missionaries prepared it all. It was a lot of work, from the lesson, the games, invitations, posters and food. It was so hard, but so gratifying to see everyone having so much fun. 
The next day was Sunday. We go into ward council,  the Bishop asks if we have everything prepared for primary today and all of us are like what?!? We threw together a quick primary lesson.  I was in charge of the music, which sounds easy, except none of the kids know the songs in English and I don't know them in Spanish.... awkward.... I really love my mission and I am kinda sad that I only have about 7 months left. It is going to be hard to say Goodbye to this place. I love it here so much!
I hope you all have a good week!

Hermana Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment