I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Follow my Mission here!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Frogs, to a Funeral, to the Doctors, to a Baptism and to DC !!!

August 24, 2015

Based on the title, I think you all can tell it was a crazy week!
To start, last week after I wrote, we went out to a lake and walked around it. We have a missionary out here from Mexico and she has never seen a frog. So we saw one and she wanted to hold it. I am sure we looked really funny in skirts trying to catch a frog. We eventually caught one and she was so excited to hold it. 
Any way then Tuesday rolls around and we are doing studies, we get a call and it was a missionary from the office. She asked to speak with me. She explained that a member had called and was doing a grave dedication that day. She wanted to know if a group of missionaries could sing at it. I was put in charge and even though we had a meeting that morning I got a musical number set up. Eight elders, my companion and I sang, "How Great Thou Art. It was an amazing experience. There was only one member at the grave dedication. It just felt good to be able to serve like that.  Yes, it was sad, but at the very end it was a little funny. The non-member mother, of the person who died. hugged all the elders and us. Each elders reaction was priceless....
That night, my companion didn't feel well. We went to the ER and they couldn't find out what was wrong. So this week has been in and out of different doctors. I told my companion that she should go see Doctor House. We have been in 4 different buildings and no one knows whats going on! It is insane.
Yesterday we went to a baptism in Bella Vista. It was just amazing. Today we went to D.C. and I got to see a returned missionary name Hermana Quinones, She is the best. So let me explain. I was trained by Hermana Debry, so she is my Mission Mom. She was trained by Hermana Quinones, so she is my Mission Grandma. Well everyone that Hermana Quinones trained and everyone they  trained met up in DC today and it was just fun.... Sorry this wasn't the most in depth email.
I love you all and hope you week is amazing!!!

Hermana Atkinson










No comments:

Post a Comment